Day 15 - 18 30th Nov - 2nd December

 Well look what happened this week!

After another round of dressing changes on Monday, my wounds continue to improve and I once again resumed my routine of exercise followed by sleep. I was also told that prosthetics had my legs ready and that I would probably be getting them the following day.

On Tuesday my legs were brought in to me, all red and shiny. Seeing them for the first time, I think the reality and permanency of my condition really hit home and while in my own mind I thought I should be celebrating, what I actually felt was fear and loss. Fear of what lies ahead and loss of what I had. I don't know why but I had just thought I would pop them on and up I'd get but with the limited movement I currently have in my right knee, I found it incredibly difficult. I wasn't actually able to get my foot far enough under me to push myself up. For the rest of the day I just kept glancing at them propped up in the corner of the room.

The following day, after a talk with the team, it was back on with the legs and this time, with the help of " The Pulpit" I was able able to stand upright for the first time in over 10 months and that was wonderful. I have to admit that later, as once again they stood in the corner, I did look at them a little more fondly.πŸ™‚

18 days in and I now find myself Standing and ready to move forward!




Comments

  1. That’s amazing news well done such a huge achievement after so long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s amazing news well done such a huge achievement after so long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn’t be happier or prouder..I love that first photo!πŸ˜€❤️ David xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow and that smile and twinkle is back in those eyes of yours at last just so you know I've ordered thick red tights so when we all do girlie strolling you not stealing the scene madam I cannot wait for the next update all our love the 59 ers xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well look at you! What a beautiful sight and as for your smile...keep going!xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well what a week indeed. These are the moments that last a lifetime!! Sending loads of love ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my lady look at you!!!! That face says it all, we are sooo proud of you Allison, now go show em how strong we are up north 🦾🧑✨xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice one Allison, what a massive step forward, you're a brave lass.... Keep up the good work. Get that right leg moving so as you can give Rich a good kick up his arse, I've seen the house, he's really slacking with the dusting😁. Thinking of you chick, Steve & Anita xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are one awesome woman...it's wonderful to 'see' you xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to see you progressing Allison! Keep it up x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

June - October 2023

April - June 2023

March 2023