Day 8. 23rd November

Week 2 and a routine Monday morning starting with dressing changes. As a result we ran out of time to go to the Gym so got on with some physio in my room. We've started a new regime of keeping me off my bottom as much as possible during the day and the night to help it heal. This involves lots of lying on my side and arranging pillows to keep me there and while previously I would usually lay on my side to sleep, Sods law dictates that I'm now constantly trying to lay on my back.
Finally got the green light for David to come and visit. We got straight on to it and booked tickets for Friday only to have everything thrown up in the air when 30 minutes later I was informed that during my weekend trip to St Georges I had come into contact with someone who had tested positive for Covid. Consequently I now have to isolate for 14 days which means David's visit is postponed.☹️
I'm also not able to use the Gym or mix with other residents but the team have assured me that it wont affect my progress and that I can continue working from my bed and room.
The afternoon was spent lying on my side and trying not to let the disappointment get me down. I realise there are going to be ups and downs but I’d hoped for more of a Carousel ride than a Big Dipper. I spoke with David and while we’re both upset that we wont get to see each other this week at least things are still able to move forward and the team on the unit here have been very caring and supportive.
So we watched TV together and I stayed awake long enough to end the day on a high when this arrived!


Everything is better  with gravy.🙂

Comments

  1. Positives to take from this:
    1: you have gravy
    2: when uncle David comes you'll have around 9 advent chocolates to eat in one go (make sure it's lindt)
    3: Christmas cards.. we can now send them down and get your room all festive and Christmas ready
    4: covid...meh you've been through this before, do they not know you're wonder woman and have swerved it multiple times.
    Two weeks will fly over and by then you'll have even more pressies coming down and loads more to share. Sending loads of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Allison I’m so sorry to hear you’re now in isolation again what a nightmare, but try to keep positive you’re at the perfect place for your rehab & you will soon be doing so much, I’m following your progress I’ve ordered gravy granules in my shopping to bring to you when I come for my next prosthetic appointment I’ll bring you some boxes of cakes to if I can & maybe some crisps so when the food is rubbish you have something to eat.
    When I was there they had other menus I sometimes had a halal curry which were better than some of the food I’m sure I had Mexican or Jamaican as well so ask as it’s often nicer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang on in there Allison, at least you have your gravy!xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

June - October 2023

April - June 2023

March 2023