Day 5 6 & 7. 20th -22nd November

A very up and down couple of days that, after wanting so much to be able to venture a little further afield than my room, prove once again that you should be careful what you wish for.
Friday started with a visit to the gym where I was able to do an individual workout using weights. This was immediately followed by a group stretch and relaxation class using bands and breathing techniques.
Due to the Covid restrictions over the last months,  my physio has been restricted to a one on one basis so it felt great to be part of a bigger group and just be around other people. I really got into the relaxation part as I'm fairly sure I dropped off. 
The tiredness continued throughout the day and I just put it down the increase in my exercise regime but by evening the doctors were saying that my blood pressure and iron levels were low. A little too low even for me and it was decided that as a precaution I would need some blood tests. Unfortunately, as it was a Friday evening there was no one on the unit available to take the bloods or action any of the results if needed so this meant a transfer to St Georges. So I was packed up, with the nurses making sure I had my essentials just in case I had to stay a little longer than expected, and transferred across.
By Saturday morning we knew that the tests had shown there was no cause for concern and by 11.00am I was given the all clear to return back to my own ward at Queen Mary. It was just a case of waiting for transport. 
By 8.30 pm it was apparent that the transport wasn't coming. It had been a long day and I wasn't able to find out what was happening. As I was packed and ready to go I wasn't able to contact anyone and if I'm honest it really affected my mood. Times like that leave me feeling helpless and  vulnerable but just highlight my need to use this rehabilitation to grab back my independence. Another overnight stay and transport finally appeared around 1.00pm Sunday.
This wasn't an experience I was expecting or would have wanted but thank goodness it happened over a weekend when there are no rehab activities scheduled. That way it hasn't pushed my physical progress back at all.
It was good to be back in my room where I could rest up in preparation of week 2.

Comments

  1. How quickly has this week gone?????
    You sound like you're making great progress and more importantly, you sound so happy and positive. Great work and keep it up. Lots of love. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness there was no cause for concern. I was dreading the next line! I can imagine the look they got from you mind....I'm pretty sure I've seen uncle David get that look before ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ.
    You've had the most amazing week of achievements, and have came so far (literally) with everything you've done. Everyone's allowed a down day and when that happens just take a look at what you have achieved, miles away from home and with an online army behind you.
    Here's to week 2 and whateve they throw at you you'll smash ๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’ž

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello me love I'm there with our Sam when they throw a curve ball lob the bugger straight back we may not be there in person with you but in terms of spirit and energy we are sending it to you in spades we need a zoom call soon so we can all just have a blooming good laugh we can sing dance do whatever but we will do it together ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya me luvly, well that was just another hump in the road and lets face it, there will be plenty more, but, as usual, approach each one with caution, then get right over it. You are stronger than u will ever know, so don't let these challenges knock you down, take them head on and smash them Allison, ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’œ๐ŸŒˆxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

June - October 2023

April - June 2023

March 2023