Day 10 & 11. 25th-26th November

A quiet day Wednesday spent side-lying and exercising in bed. Without someone to do a formal exercise session with me its difficult to know how well I'm completing each movement and takes a real effort to self motivate. Especially when I could easily just lay here and watch TV. I could just say I'm focussing my efforts keeping off my bottom. 🙂
In all honesty, the side-lying is starting to pay dividends as when my dressings were changed on Thursday morning the team told me that there are noticeable improvements in my wounds, even since Monday. This is key in getting me up and moving around.
The day continued with even more activity when casts were taken of my arms.


This will enable the Prosthetists to manufacture some arm supports to help me with walking and some arm adaptations to allow me to do everyday things for myself such as washing. I even got to choose the colour so went for red to match the colour of my legs!
Back at home we had someone else come out to look at adapting our family bathroom and convert it to a shower room for me.
Lots happening and lots on the horizon.

Comments

  1. Exciting times for you now they’ve started getting arms sorted as well, I’m glad your bottom is healing hopefully not long now until it’s fully healed, loving hearing your progress hopefully I can bring you some supplies soon, I’ve got a few things for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting times for you now they’ve started getting arms sorted as well, I’m glad your bottom is healing hopefully not long now until it’s fully healed, loving hearing your progress hopefully I can bring you some supplies soon, I’ve got a few things for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how much has happened!! I love these daily blogs and look forward to seeing them pop up xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well gorgeous lady, its wonderful to hear about so much happening, and to get to see you, even bits of you, having looked the ceiling all these months. Love you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love red!!!
    Making great progress gorgeous girl 😘😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all go go go now Allison such progress in a short space of time you will be home boogyeing on down before we know it we all need a reason for a blooming good party hang on in there 💕xx

      Delete
  6. Good news Alison, all exercise pays dividends so keep up the good work chick. Im sure David will have your bathroom looking fab ready for your home coming. Take care for now xx
    Lots of love Anita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Things are moving quickly now, before you know it you will be back home with us all. Keep up the good work Allison, that light at the end of the tunnel is shining brighter every day xx 🌟

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

June - October 2023

April - June 2023

March 2023