Home. Day 55-65. May17-27th.

 A very busy and extremely frustrating two weeks since my last post with once again, Social and Health care unable to agree who is responsible to help with my ongoing care. I can’t knock the efforts of the professionals who deal with me personally as I know each of them is doing their utmost and giving their input in order for the panel to come to a decision.

Unfortunately it appears my rate of rehabilitation, wound healing and self sufficiency all needs to be quantified. The facts that my skin heals then breaks down again, my pain is worse some days than others and that the fit of my prosthetics varies throughout the day aren’t measurable so can’t be taken into account. 

The crux of the matter isn’t whether I need help with my ongoing care, it’s who is going to fund it. In the meantime, David provides my constant 24 hour care on his own. Selfishly, we have been fortunate that David has been furloughed from work but with his return to work being imminent, no matter how much I would love to look after myself independently I am just not at that stage in my rehabilitation yet.

In anticipation of an agreement of whose budget supports it, the Social and Health workers have been training carers in how to fit my prosthetics, how to assist with personal hygiene, showering and dressing and helping administer my medication during the day. My worry was that it wouldn’t go live before David starts work again next week and I know it’s been  weighing heavily on his mind too. Luckily, we’ve just been informed it starts Monday 🙂..Who pays?...Who knows?🤷🏼‍♀️

The thought of not having someone with me 24/7 has spurred me on to think about how I’m going to manage when I’m on my own. I still have to spend long periods of the day laid on my side to help with my wound healing but I can’t allow myself to be just be propped up and left until someone else is around. With that in mind, I am pushing myself to find more ways to be independent. We have been looking at how I can safely get myself up if I fall

Still a way to go on that one but David was so chuffed with my first real attempt that he put it on my Tiktok. ( I know!..look at me Tiktokkin 😂). Well as the kids would say, it went Viral!!..360 thousand views and counting!!!.....Its meant as a bit of fun but I have to admit that, like the blog, the messages of support were actually really touching and really boosted my confidence. 💕

Take a look at our efforts and if nothing else, I hope it makes you smile 🙂



.                                                            . https://gofund.me/85a83064

Comments

  1. Nothing short of brilliant Allison what a girl 🎉keep going you are amazing 💕xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

June - October 2023

April - June 2023

March 2023