Home. Days 19-25 11-17th April

 Well the dust is finally starting to settle and we are finally starting to see some kind of routine ( I use the term loosely) emerge.

The OT, Physio and District nurse teams are working hard to find just what exactly it is that I need and we are making some fine progress in the healing of my wounds, building of my strength and the learning of new skills.

Their patience and kindness has been mirrored throughout the week with countless offers and messages of support.

On Tuesday Elena and Sarah from Koalaa ( see their link in the sidebar)arranged a video call with the incredible Alex Lewis https://www.alex-lewis.co.uk/  Alex’s no nonsense, truthful but good humoured insights into the life of a Post-Sepsis Quad amputee made so much sense.

During our conversation with Alex we discussed Sepsis and this couldn’t have been more timely as both David and I have been reflecting on the time last year, prior to my amputations,  when my battle was with that. In the time since we have researched, investigated and done reach outs centred very much around Amputee experiences. We realised that we actually new very little about Sepsis and the effects it can have both during and post infection. Alex was able to introduce us to Oliver and Alex at the Sepsis trust and we plan to have a chat with them both very soon( see link in the sidebar)

And the kindness shown by friends and strangers alike via my Gofundme page continues to astound me. So many offers and ideas of fundraising events starting to emerge as well as generous gifts and donations. We met yesterday with some members of St. Peter’s Lodge 8953 and they couldn’t have been more interested in my story nor more supportive of my future progress. Their extremely generous donation goes a long way in helping me with the equipment needed to regain my independence. 

Things such as the lift which, as you can see, I’m becoming a little more comfortable with now. I’m trying more and more to navigate my way around the house with only one stick ( short bursts, small distances πŸ™‚) but I’m able to do it. I’m even feeling confident enough to put it on Tiktok!




I must also thank  Hayley https://www.instagram.com/wildseawomen/?hl=  and Deb at https://www.instagram.com/createyourowncalm/?hl=en-gb for the gifts. At times I feel unstoppable but if I ever overstress and forget for a moment, these will help remind me.πŸ™‚




https://gofund.me/85a83064

 

Comments

  1. As ever Allison your determination is evident and inspirational as you tell your story and involve us in your journey of recovery but.... You being you that's won't ever be enough you are helping and teaching us all to better understand sepsis and the life changing impact it brings to so many people and their family and friends
    I for one wait with baited breath for your weekly update even though on a daily basis I check in to see how you and our dave are doing
    Your progress is amazing and the hat says it it all you truly are unstoppable on many levels
    Love and hugs always from team 59 πŸ₯°πŸ˜˜πŸ€Έ‍♀️xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a woman on a mission Allison,a mission to regain your life and independence. In a very short time you have managed to adapt to life at home, without the support of nurses/doctors who have cared for you 24/7 for the last year, this in itself is a huge step. You have inspired so many people and shown them that with patience and determination, you can smash these goals. As your family we will continue to love and support you in which ever way we need to, to help you to regain your strength and confidence. Keep up this fight Allison, cos so far you are winning 🦾🦿✨πŸ’œxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a fellow Sepsis survivor, it still tragic to think that still not taken seriously. I tell people that I have had it, survived and then they say it because I am 37, I survived Sepsis which is not true as Sepsis can affect and even kill anyone of any age.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

June - October 2023

April - June 2023

March 2023