Day119-125. March 13-19th

 This may have been my last full week on the unit but it’s been crammed with memorable firsts!

We’re trying to utilise the time as best we possibly can before I go home next week 🙂 so the team are challenging me to try as many things that will help me in my day to day outside of a hospital environment.

A huge step for me was being able to for a walk in the garden. My first time walking outside in nearly 15 months! While it was lovely to get some fresh air , it was also to give me the opportunity to walk on different surfaces and even a slope. It was surprising how different it felt and how much difference even the slightest gradient made.


We continued to work on balance and coordination by practicing throwing and catching with another patient on the unit. He kindly allowed me to share this with you.🙂


And we also spent time in the kitchen where I made myself something to eat.I managed to prepare and butter myself some toast and the following day even made myself a cheese and onion sandwich 🙂 
With these two under my belt at least I know I can feed myself so I’ll never starve. Combine the two skills and I’ve even got a third option of a Toastie!


And on Thursday and Friday I finally got to see David again. Our first time together since the beginning of December. While there was lots of practical stuff to do and discuss with the team, we managed some lovely time together just chatting and planning for my coming home. It’s all starting to feel a bit real and scary for us both but as always, it seems much less daunting when we are together.🙂


Comments

  1. Woohoo the end of this chapter is in sight! Here's to lots more firsts. 🥰🥰🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your doing absolutely amazing, so great to see. Exciting times ahead, good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very impressed with the throwing and catching! Enjoy your last few days and your journey home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Allison, great stuff. You'll soon be back home, you n Rich will get there together.... it'll be great to see you again, when you're ready.......you'll have to be able to control yourself through, when King Slonzirelli comes to see you 🤔.... Luv, Steve n Anita xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwww Alison my lovely, it's charlotte from ward 35 I'm just literally reading all this and watching your videos with tears rolling down my face!!! How incredible are you doing though??!!! 👏👏👏👏👏🤩🤩 Absolutely AMAZING and so lovely to see our lovely Asif aswell, he's so lovely!!! Wishing you the best of luck for getting home it's going or be so special for you ❤️ you should be so proud my lovely, big hugs bombing to you XxX 😘😘

    ReplyDelete
  6. Again Allison echoing what everybody has said
    You the friends you have made and the amazing NHS professionals that have been part of your journey home have taken us all to world we have only read about
    I'm so grateful to have been part of this journey and cannot wait to see your next stage of evolution
    I don't use evolution lightly that's exactly what you have done you've fought tooth and nail never given up and we are blown away by you
    Cannot wait for you to come home good job it's still social distancing or we would have squeezed the life out of you with all the hugs waiting here just for you
    See you very soon whoo hoo 💕🤸‍♀️xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

June - October 2023

April - June 2023

March 2023