Day 112-118. March 6-12th.

 I don’t know where this week has gone! The workload and activity is intensifying as we move into the last two weeks before finally going homeπŸ™‚

We continue to build on strength and balance in the gym but there has also been a lot of focus on my personal care. I appreciate that discussing your toilet needs isn’t normally classed as everyday conversation material however, after having my catheter removed after 15 months, one of my biggest challenges has been trying to regain bladder control ( not uncommon in ladies of a certain age, I know πŸ˜•). Along with the physical discomfort there is also the sheer embarrassment and inconvenience of it all but the staff here, as always, have been wonderful.

We have also practiced my showering techniques. My wounds continue to be painful and my Shower legs feel different everyday but my balance and confidence is getting there.

Talking of balance, I have to admit,  grudgingly, that the shortening of my legs has made a difference and over the week I have not only stood from seated at my lowest height yet, but am now able to combine movement once stood up. We have worked on my gait and I’m now starting to take longer strides ...albeit on shorter legs ( Note to self.. Let it go Allison!πŸ™‚)



We’ve also done more work with the Split hooks on fine motor skills to increase dexterity and coordination.


And  we finalised arrangements for David to visit next week to receive some training and familiarisation from the team on various elements of care. It will be the first time we’ve seen each other face to face for over three months!πŸ™‚


Comments

  1. Argghhh this is such an exciting time for you all. There will be challenges and it will be emotional but it will be worth it!! Happy bloody mother's day you amazing woman πŸ’πŸ’

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have problems with urine incontinence since having my catheter removed I found I have to wear a pad now, & I’ve tried 3 different medications for it!
    Oh the joys of the extra things we have to cope with after becoming a quad, I’m so excited for you to get home!
    You’re making amazing progress I’m so proud of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing......a huge step forward, and exciting times ahead. Emotional few days gir you both. Enjoy your time together. Hope he's trimmed his beard in preparation for his visit. Lots of love Lisa. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Allison - so much progress here.
    I'm glad the shorter legs are working for you. I was reluctant too but had to admit it helps. Sorry toilet needs are an issue. All the core strengthening you are doing can only help and 15 months is a long time with a catheter - I'm sure recovering control will take time.
    Well done with the hooks - I remember using the solitaire board too.
    Enjoy seeing David again. Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant progress Allison! You must be soooo looking forward to finally going home, although I’m guessing there’s some trepidation too, but you and Dave are an awesome team! Keep on keeping on, my friend!!
    PS. Happy Mother’s Day! πŸ₯°

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic progress Allison, I'm sure with time you will be able to concentrate on pelvic floor exercises and applying root lock when you do your Pilates/yoga work outs, which will all help strengthen your muscles, this is another one of those bumps to get over on your journey home, but Hey look!!!!! That road is so short you can actually see the end of it,so there can't be many more of these bumps on this journey. Enjoy your time with our David, it will be emotional for you both, but it will be amazing ✨πŸ’•see you very soon me luvly πŸ˜˜πŸ¦ΎπŸ’œxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi allison echoing everything that's been said that return home just around the corner now cannot wait to see you again
    In terms of the tinkling now you've seen the advert a little bit of wee won't stop me
    Shout out girls who has that badge so don't worry at all you are amongst friends
    Sorry to the guys in the chat but it is what it is
    You take care enjoy time with our dave and see you very soon..... Feels so good saying that πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Allison, what a difference from your last videos, you have come on again so well, am with you on the bladder control, affects us all at a certain age!!!!! So exciting that you get to see Dave next week. Keep up your spirits as you are nearly there now. xxxxxxx Ps nothing wrong with being a little shorter, great things come in little packages and you absolutely demonstrate that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

June - October 2023

April - June 2023

March 2023