Day 91-97. 13-19th Feb

 Such a full and positive week this week πŸ™‚. The team are now helping me address things on so many fronts and we have worked hard on balance, strength, and technique as well as pushing on with elements of personal care and not forgetting emotional support.

I started the week determined to build on my previous attempts at step through walking. As I’ve mentioned before it’s as mentally tiring as it is physically but I’m slowly gaining my confidence. Mind you, it doesn’t take much to break my concentration, and I’m only ever one loud noise away from a wobble, but I’m getting there. 

The video below is a little long (sorryπŸ˜•) but I think it shows how far I’ve progressed with walking this week.

There has also been a huge focus on tailoring routines to build my core strength and I’ve really enjoyed some quite tough exercise classes. These will all feed in to improving my balance and have included strength bands, exercise ball and stretching. It’s also helping me to improve my range of motion in my arms, legs and shoulders.


I’ve used my prosthetics a little more this week and managed to pick things up and place them with my split hooks. I can’t say that I’m liking them but at least I didn’t cry this time!πŸ™‚ What I do like however is my wash legs and arms which enabled me to enjoy a lovely shower and wash myself on Thursday.

This week has been a good week πŸ™‚πŸ¦ΎπŸ¦Ώ


Comments

  1. πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness Allison, you’ve smashed it this week! You have every right to feel proud of yourself! Lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bloody brilliant ..
    You'll be home before you know it. Lots of love. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one Allison, you're doing great, getting stronger every week..... Great planking too, lots of love and good thoughts, King Slonzarelli xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a woman... woop woop πŸ™Œ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never doubted that this would be the level of progress this week you were a woman on a mission last week saw it in you eyes
    However one armed press ups.. really that's just showing offπŸ’•πŸ˜˜πŸ€£πŸ€£keep at it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic work and great to see your progress. Keep working with the arms; I’m learning to love mine more now. They will be one (of many) tools in your armoury. I’m back to Roehampton on the next two Monday’s if talking again would help. Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  8. 😯😯Wow Allison this is fantastic progress, you are growing more confident with every move you master, it's wonderful to hear that you are now able to manage your personal care,this must have been a quiet emotional experience after so many months of needing some one to tend to your needs,I feel this step is one of the most important steps of your journey as this gives you back your dignity, and now you have this, you can now focus on the next part of your journey. We are totally blown away with you this week, you really are UNSTOPPABLE now,✨✨✨πŸ’œxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow Allison, what a difference from your last update, congratulations, you should be so proud of your achievements. You have come so far and its fantastic to see your determination and each step of the way to your independence. amazing xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Alison, we’ve just caught up to date on your blog and your progress. Wow, such amazing progress you’ve made. Over the moon to see those videos. What a year it’s been and what a journey you’ve been on. Your strength and determination is so inspiring. We cannot wait to see you back home. We better start getting some garden parties organised I think. Keep up the amazing work. Neil & Anna xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

June - October 2023

April - June 2023

March 2023