Day 70-73. Jan 23-26th

 After the flurry of activity and successes of last week, and in the aftermath of the fall, the weekend found me feeling very low. It was the worst I had been for a very long time and felt as if it was me grieving for my old life and what I had anticipated it to be as I started out in a new job. Talking it through, maybe the lack of activity over the weekends gives me more time to contemplate so I’ve resolved to try and fill them more by looking for puzzles and mental exercises to keep me occupied and kick start my brain. There are only so many Box sets you can watch 😵

I decided Monday morning the best thing to do was to throw myself straight back into it and started with a good upper body workout using resistance bands. This was followed up with more Seated to stands and a personal best of 60 metres of uninterrupted walking. This left me feeling a lot more energised and positive.

Today I found Seated to stands a lot easier and I’m managing to do more  on first attempt. We then did a Core exercise class. I’m finally starting to enjoy these now as it almost feels like I’m doing a regular Pilates class and that gives me a definite link to not the old me, the real me. 🙂

Comments

  1. I used to have bad days even when I got home it’s definitely hard at first lots of people possibly don’t understand but I most certainly do!
    You’re doing amazing you really are amazing and Rome wasn’t built in a day it takes a long time to come to terms with what’s happened give it time you will adjust I promise!
    If you ever want to talk David has my number or I can call you I’m here for you I’ll help in anyway I can!
    Take care my lovely you’re doing so well and it’s ok not to be ok xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison the real you has always been there, we cannot begin to imagine how you are feeling, but like Kim has said, she fully understands what you are experiencing. All I can say is, 11 month ago, we could only dream and wish that we could be writing texts messages offering support on your road to recovery. But u made it, here we are doing just that.You have every right to feel frightened, lost and unsure of your future, but from all of our family, YOUR family, I can tell you we will continue to support you in which ever way you need us. Don't fear your future, continue being strong and make it your new old future XXX ✨💫💜

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only echo what Kim and our hazel said
    Where did you get Rome wasn't built in a day Kim our dad used to say that all the time
    He also said the impossible he could do but miracles take that bit longer you me dear have achieved the impossible just by being here believe me and in terms of the miracle I think you perform small miracles every day
    So keep going and get back to where you once belonged think that's the beatles by the way 🤣🤣 home with a family that lives you 💕👨‍👩‍👦xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damned home bargain glasses that would be love 👓😍xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

June - October 2023

April - June 2023

March 2023