Day 59-63 Jan 12-16th

 A good start on Tuesday when I was able to join a  group class in the gym concentrating on core strength. Just being back in the company of others was a nice change. 

Wednesday I hit a significant milestone when I managed to get myself up from a sitting to a standing position unaidedπŸ™‚. It felt good that I had managed to achieve a goal that had been had set for last week without too much delay. The ability to get myself up is going to be key in gaining my own independence and not always relying on the help of others. I followed straight on from this  with another group exercise class.

Thursday....Shower day. The team decided not to proceed with trying out my wash arms but rather concentrate on standing on my legs in the shower. We had to be very careful with the water over my wounds, especially my left leg which is causing me some pain at the moment, but it was lovely to finally get under the shower after so long and I’m extremely grateful to the team for helping me to do so. It may be a while before I get to do it again. Afterwards I was left feeling very tired as I hadn’t realised just how long I would be standing and I spent the remainder of the day resting.

On Friday it was quite late before we could head off to the gym. The team got me ready and I was in a standing position on the pulpit when they left me for a moment to go retrieve my chair from the corridor. Without thinking I decided to walk out to meet them. Once I realised what I was doing I think I shocked myself. I kept going but couldn’t help thinking how foolish that might have been. On reflection later I realised that the very fact that I had done it subconsciously can only be a good indicator of my growing self confidence. πŸ™‚

 

Comments

  1. Wow you really are doing so well that’s amazing, I won’t ever have legs because of my back condition, but I used to be hoisted into a lovely commode chair for a shower I was just having bed baths for about 6 months before that!! Oh my goodness it was so fantastic to actually have a shower, you will be getting home in no time you really are amazing well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely sounding confident there Allison, that's a massive step forward you've done and as long as you're feeling good afterwards then why not push on..... bit by bit. As for showering, don't worry too much... I only get in once a week cos it keeps my skin young and fresh and Anita rarely gets in cos she likes that 'back to nature' feelingπŸ€”. Keep it up chic xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never cease to amaze me, well done. Lots of love lisax

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's some progress allison and understand that feeling of each achievement nudges you closer to regaining your own independence and that's fantastic we stand here and applaud πŸ‘and salute you me luv you are doing amazing πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ˜˜59 of them xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another step on the journey home πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bloody brilliant! πŸ™ŒπŸΌπŸ™ŒπŸΌπŸ™ŒπŸΌπŸ™ŒπŸΌπŸ™ŒπŸΌ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

June - October 2023

April - June 2023

March 2023