Day 55 - 58. Jan 8-11th

 On Friday afternoon, having gotten over the worst of the infection and receiving a negative Covid test that cleared me to be transported off the ward, I finally transferred back to Queen Marys. 

While it was good to be  "home" and to enjoy the warm welcome back from everyone, I woke up on Saturday feeling very down. I was missing my actual home and also really feeling the sense of physical distance from my loved ones. The break to my rehabilitation regime as a result of my time in St. Georges had also affected my confidence in getting up onto my legs. There were probably other factors but these were foremost in my mind. I decided the best thing was to rest up, continue my side-lying and spend time speaking with my family so that I was both physically and emotionally ready to get back to things on Monday.

On Monday I was feeling more settled and felt better still when I was able to get myself up onto my legs. Having had my dressings changed, my right leg had finally healed enough to be left undressed for the first time. I also got to try my wash arms that the team have made for me. They're going to need some adjustments but the aim is for them to be ready for Thursday when the plan is for me to be stood upright for a shower. Scary stuff but the team have assured me that it will be planned to within an inch of its life.

What could possibly go wrong?  ๐Ÿ™„

Comments

  1. Wow that’s amazing you’re doing so well at rehab, I’m sure you will have no problem with the shower, at least you will have help so I’m sure it will go well!
    I’m really happy to hear you’re better now, sepsis frightens the life out of me now I can’t help but panic when I have an infection now.
    Keep up the amazing work you will be home with David & the family in no time xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all missing you too lovely, we can't wait to have WhatsApp girl chats when you're ready. This was never going to be easy for you but if there's one thing I do know it's that no matter what is thrown at you, you'll smash through it. Keep pushing and know we're here whenever you need us xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take good care there Allison, you're doing great.... hopefully there's more positives than negatives to follow (apart from the covid tests of course๐Ÿ˜Š). Looking forward to seeing you again, it'll be great to have you n Rich back together again....it's good that my shoulders are so massive, cos he's been leaning on them for months..... Stay strong amigo, love from King Slonzirelli and Anita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning allison you are back on the horse as they say and ready to move to the next stage. You can and will do it and everybody here rooting for you. Keep at it and send us the videos showing your achievements not the shower affair of course ๐Ÿคฃgo girl get this done and get home soon we all miss you loads xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi me luvly you were bound to be nervous attempting to get back up onto your legs after your setback, but look what happened, you got your head in the right place again and you got up !!!!!!. Allison we are so proud of everything you have achieved, you have battled through everything that has been hoyed at ya, and come out ready and fighting again. Your road is getting closer to home so just keep rocking on and soon you will be back with us, your family ๐Ÿ˜˜sending you all our strength and love ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿฆพ๐Ÿ’šxxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

June - October 2023

April - June 2023

March 2023