Day 41-47 Dec 25-31st

 Well Christmas was quiet but lovely and I had chance to catch up with all of the family on Facetime. I had the added bonus of a surprise phone call from my cousin from Zambia who was visiting for the holidays.

The four days off were meant to re-energise me but on Tuesday, my first day back in physio I really seemed to have lost my confidence. I found myself wary of giving the final push to get myself up onto my legs and I was also having problems with dizziness, which doesn't help when you're effectively trying to walk on stilts. 

Wednesday was spent with the physios trying to sort out my vertigo with a series of stretches and exercises which in the end left me feeling quite drained.

After a good nights sleep however, today I felt re-motivated and ready for my last physio session of the year. After working hard to regain my confidence the day before I found I could balance and stand unaided for longer, while taking shorter rest between attempts. I even managed some standing arm stretches and some squats.

By the end of the session I felt brave enough to try getting up off the bed and onto my legs without the aid of the pulpit and with minimal help from the physio. The result wasn't perfect but I was glad to have had the nerve to suggest we try.

A very satisfying session and a good way to see out a bad year.

A happy new year to everyone and hoping for a better year for us all in 2021.🙂

Comments

  1. Happy New year beautiful. 2020 may have pushed you out of your comfort zone but I can totally see you owning 21 and schooling us in what to do. Sending you loads of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can we say, never in a million years could we have imagined this was going to be how our year panned out. Allison you have battled on and on through out this year, over coming every obstacle in your way. You are growing stronger and more confident every day and we couldn't be prouder of you, here's to you, you are AMAZING 💜💚XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Allison! You are amazing and inspirational (whether you realise it or not)!!! Here’s to a good 2021, and facing whatever challenges it may bring. 😘💜

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2021 the year to look forward for everybody especially you alluson raft of my colleagues who live in London asking about you when tier 4 eased lots of new friends ready to pop in and say hello cos they on your door step
    two fingered salute to 2020 and a big fat raspberry it's upwards and onwards from here on in happy new year me luv Mary and jake send their love as well xx😘💕

    ReplyDelete
  5. You’re doing amazing keep it up, you’ll soon be home happy new year xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep strong kidda, you're doing great.... and surely 2021 has got to be better for you, hope to see you soon... Thinking of you guys all the time,
    Love from King Slonzirelli and Anita xxx


    Love from King Slonzirelli and Anita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you continue to make progress at this incredible rate. Happy New Year. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New year ��x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

June - October 2023

April - June 2023

March 2023