Day 24-27. 8-11th of December.

 After the success of Monday we decided to carry on practicing standing up and sitting down. Who would have thought that getting up from a sitting position would take so much mental effort never mind the physical side? You have to break down each individual movement in your mind and then carry them out in sequence. Knowing what to move, where to and when just isn’t second nature anymore. Sitting back down is different again and it’s strange not being able to trust your balance but with the help of the team I was able to take my first real steps while turning to sit back on the bed πŸ™‚




Wednesday was spent continuing to practice getting up from and down into a seated position.I was also able to shuffle a few more steps and used the chance to get used to my change in balance
Thursday morning had my regular dressing change and I was told my wounds continue to improve. This is vital if I am to continue moving forward. On the afternoon I did the first of my Corridor walks and with the aid of the team was able to do two stretches of almost 5 metres!

On Friday morning while down in the gym I was able to do the combined distance of the previous day all in one go. My first proper stroll in quite some time!

The day was topped off by finally being able to have David visit. πŸ™‚ Socially distanced of course. 
 ( unfortunately ) but just to see each other face to face after so long was lovely and I think did us both the world of good.

This has been a good week.πŸ˜€πŸ¦ΎπŸ¦Ώ



Comments

  1. There are no words to explain how proud I am of you!!! Keep on going and you'll be walking up the drive and coming home in no time ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you're getting there chick snd great for you n Rich to be together for a while..... Keep strong, love from King Slonzirelli and Anita xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh man this is by far my favourite of all posts. I can't believe how much had happened in such a short space of time. Yesterday I was watching last Christmas and eating Lindt chocolate thinking of you. Here's to more steps, more blogs and I have no doubt more of those amazing smiles xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing amazing.....the sheer determination on your face is a delight to see. Brilliant. Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You rock! Never been so proud of you, brought me to tears, Dan and Will your Mum is 100%epic xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally amazing, you are UNSTOPPABLE now πŸ¦ΏπŸ¦ΎπŸ’œxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so happy to see David had come to see you it must have lifted your spirits so very much, you are doing amazing I’m so very proud of you, you’re smashing it, keep going you’ll be home in no time sending love & hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Allison you are an inspiration all the things I think about and go nah too hard you have just taught us all that with will and determination we are unstoppable you are instoppable
      Our dave will tell you our dad used to always say the impossible he could do miracles took a little longer
      You are performing your own miracles everyday
      Ending on a quote from pop richy
      You are a tutoo don't ask us what it means literally but I think the translation is Amazing love from the 59 posse πŸ’•

      Delete
  8. You are inspiring Mrs πŸ€—πŸ˜˜

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

June - October 2023

April - June 2023

March 2023