Day 19-23. 3-7th December

 After the success of the previous days, Thursday continued in much the same vein with more exercise and standing on my legs. But in yet another " You couldn't write this stuff!" moment, on Friday I woke up to find that my vertigo, a complaint I've suffered from to varying degrees over recent years, decided to make a reappearance. 

Every time I went to move my head the room started to spin. First time upright for nearly a year and my balance goes haywire! I spent the rest of the day  lay in bed trying to calm it down.The rest of the weekend was spent in exactly the same way and while the feeling seemed to gradually subside, I couldn’t help worry that this was going to push my progress back. On the positive side, all of the side-lying has had a marvellous effect on the healing on my bottom.

Monday morning I cautiously sat up to have my dressings changed and it wasn’t too bad. With some medication to counteract the sickness we decided to push on and thankfully I was able to do some transferring. From the bed to my chair and from my chair to a standing position and then back onto the bed again.πŸ™‚


What a relief!πŸ˜…


Comments

  1. Only you!! Honestly if they awarded medals for random hurdles to overcome you'd need two bloody coats!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. One step forward, two steps back... as is always the way. You are doing great xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good all the same Allison keep at it I reckon by the time you finished you probably going to have the best bottom in England we will be jealous but our dave πŸ€ͺwhat can I say I know he luvs a sneaky punch at that bottom I've seen him 🀣🀣🀣

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be a pinch not a punch just to be clear πŸ˜±πŸ’•xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vertigo has prevented you from doing things and going places in the past but think it’s met it’s match now! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I suffer from it a lot, I was told it’s due to my legs being amputated so I’m not sure if it’s the same for you as mine are up above the knee (quite short) but it could be!
    Mine often will play up for a day or two then settle for a while I don’t have prosthetic legs but just sitting up I can go really dizzy, take care you’re doing amazing keep up the amazing work xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just keep going chick....every day, even ones with setbacks, is a step closer to home. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning me luvly, new day new challenge, just keep going, you are making excellent progress. Put them bumps in the road behind you and head towards the ones waiting for you further down the road, but remember eventually these bumps will level out and then you will know you are nearly home, πŸ’œπŸ§‘xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

June - October 2023

April - June 2023

March 2023