Day 2 & 3. 17-18th November 2020

Day 2 was a much quieter day. After the excitement of Monday and being allowed to venture out on my long trek south, I now find myself once again confined to barracks until we receive the results of my 25th Covid test. They say things get better with practice. Unfortunately, regularly having your nose poked with a stick isn't one of them.
My morning was spent settling in and meeting the team. I had the dressings on my legs changed so that they could assess the progress of my recent op then moved on to having my legs measured for some compression stockings. Not the look I was going for but at this point I'm giving up style for practicality.
I think the excitement must have all been too much as I spent the rest of the afternoon sleeping.
Evening was back to our normal family routine.
To explain. The lockdown restrictions have meant that I've been able to spend very little time with my partner and our kids this year. Instead we FaceTime and every evening I join them for dinner with a place set out for me at the head of the table where we sit and talk about our day, just as we've always done.  After dinner David carries me through to the lounge, faces the iPad to the TV and we watch together until its time for bed. I have to admit to the odd Nanna nap but as I'm facing away, I don't think they always notice.
I did manage to stay awake long enough though to do my first ever Blog post! Thank you to everyone who took the time to read Day 1.
If you would like to follow, please use the Subscribe tab ( it's free..honestly) or the follow by email option.
Another good nights sleep and Day 3 started with Breakfast and a wash before it was straight into my first round of Rehab physiotherapy..
I'm working from my bed at the moment while my bottom heals so lots of side lying and stretches. I did some core work and was given more to do as homework (nobody mentioned there'd be homework) then finished off with some weight training for my legs. 
A quick break for lunch, my sources weren't wrong about the food! Then straight on with some occupational therapy. We worked on cleaning my teeth and washing my face myself which felt great but was clearly overwhelming as I spent the rest of the afternoon asleep.That pretty much set the tone for the evening as once again we watched TV and I dozed. Obviously building up my energy reserves for what tomorrow brings.

Comments

  1. Pretty full on first couple of days then Allison, but this is exactly what u want, a fast n furious approach, but obviously resting wen needed, keep up the good work me luvly, we look forward to your updates Hazel & Longy ๐Ÿงกxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You keep going Allison, love reading the blog and finding out what you’re up to! We’re rooting for you!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Allison, I think I've subscribed but I'm crap at stuff like that so maybe I haven't ๐Ÿค”. Anyway it sounds like all systems are go down there.... bet you're worn out. But gotta push onward n you'll get there soon. Anita sends her love too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nanna naps are always allowed! Mum will tell you that! We are super proud of everything you achieve on a day to day basis! Love you loads Aunty A!
    Emma xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

June - October 2023

April - June 2023

March 2023